Welcome to August!
Wow, I can’t believe we are heading to the end of summer. I’m glad we were able to do lots of fun outdoor/summer fun. Big changes for the daycare this fall with donations of art supplies, learning help, and lots of motor skills play!
It’s school time again! I will be sending home a copy of child’s preschool planner in July so you have option to laminate and put them in a binder to use at home as well. These are the planners that we will be using and will be adding activities to them weekly.
We also will be having a teacher that will be teaching them online weekly as well!
School will be starting same time as big kids school. If you would like to bring any school supplies, kids always have fun having their own school box, etc. Totally volunteer! I have school supplies as well.
Art class will be moved to Wednesdays. Our daycare in general will be starting to theme around art in learning and playing.
We are adding more sensory learning activities too.
As I always suggest, a backpack would be very convenient to bring daily to send home papers and projects! 😉
Unexpected opening came up, so please tell your coworkers I have openings! Please let them know we do preschool!
Recipe of the Month
Oreo Dirt Cups
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (4 oz) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 – 8 oz container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (16 0z) Oreos (crushed into crumbs)
- Gummy Worms
- 10 plastic cups (8 oz. size)
- Pour the milk into a mixing bowl and add the pudding mix.
- Beat with a wire whisk until well blended (about 2 minutes)
- Let pudding stand for five minutes.
- Stir whipped topping into the pudding very gently until it is all the same color.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of the crushed cookies into the bottom of each cup.
- Then add a 2 Tablespoons of pudding to each cup.
- Then repeat another layer of cookies, then pudding, and then cookies.
- Finish up by adding 2 gummy worms cut in half to the top of each of the cups.
- Put cups into the refrigerator for about one hour to chill them.
Enjoy your month! 🙂