As a busy daycare provider, I find myself skipping lunch, or grabbing a handful of chips (guilty) as I go to my next task. That usually leads to me grabbing more junk food whenever I pass through the kitchen. Then, I’m exhausted by the end of the day.
We need to take care of ourselves even though we may be busy running a business, or just being a mom. I know there are many of us that find ourselves getting into the bad habit of not eating right.
One of my favorite thing to make for lunch is chicken salad. Especially served on a croissant. Yum! I find that it’s light, but filling. I like that I can even make it the night before, so that way I can just pull it out of the fridge and I’m good to go!
- cup of cooked chicken meat, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped red onion
- 1 leaf of Iceberg lettuce
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare dry ingredients.
- Prepare the dressing in a bowl. Mix together the mayonnaise and lemon juice. How much of lemon juice to use is based on taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir the dressing in with the chicken salad ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Yield: Serves four.
Like this recipe?
Check out my Crabbed Stuffed Sole !