Here is a list of questions/answers that will help keep your strategy and goals in mind when making any major decison:
- What is your primary motivation for considering a change? (ex: more education for your child? Social growth opportunities? Stability? etc.)
- What is the most important thing to you? (ex: variety of learning? Smaller setting? Potty Training?)
- How will you measure success? (ex: Your child is happy when you pick them up; Making new friends; Learning at a fast paced.)
- What is your timeline for success? (ex: 2 months? 4?)
- What is non-negotiable? (ex: Payment day; how many teachers present, etc)
Bottom line is, transitions aren’t easy but just trust your gut and things will work out!